Junk Mail

Having four people living in one house we seem to have a constant stack of mail on the kitchen table that needs sorting. Well, we used to have a stack ...


... now we have this!

Last week was pretty laid back at our house, with few responsibilities taking me away from home, so I decided to build a mail sorting station. After a half hour of sketching and determining cut sizes I was ready for a trip to the hardware store to pick up a few pieces of hardware and some plywood. I got home from the store at noon; by 3pm the unit was assembled. Once assembled the entire surface was coated with stain (stain color name: driftwood) and two hooks were attached after the stain dried. 

The next morning I brought it inside, hung it and was able to clear the table instantly. Everyone gets their own cubbie, a spot to hang their keys, and theirs even a little shelf to display some of my favorite bud vases. It's so nice to be able to grab the mail, walk in the door, toss it in a basket, and have a clear table ready for dinner.

Next project ... transplanting my 4" cucumber plant seedlings.

Comments

  1. Nice work!

    I spy Midwest Living...that must be your slot! That issue made it into my latest blog post as well. It's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- and by "it's a good one", I meant that issue of Midwest Living...not the blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Work Survival Kit: 10 Must-Haves

Yoga with Valerie Joy!