Questions



Me: Scott, what's the difference between an annual and a perennial? 
( I'm making it a point of memorizing the answer and am using this as my reference. Anybody have a mnemonic device to help me remember this one? You'd think as a gardener I'd have this one figured out, but I'm not a Gardener, yet! With each summer I have to reteach myself the difference. )

Bodie: Mommy, what's this?

Scott: That wedding's on the 14th, right?

Me (rhetorically): Is it Tuesday Night yet? ('Cause that's when I get to stop thinking for a  few minutes ... dear god ... I hope!)

I'm mid-way through covering my bosses vacation to North-central California to go back-backing around Lake Tahoe and sight-seeing in San Fran. I'm not jealous (I've traveled that area many times, and love it, but am planning to visit other places), but I'm overwhelmed. We are at the apex of our peak season and a lot is happening at the store. I know everything is being handled, but there have been a few hiccups, causing a few things to be handled not so well. I need to put on my "Val the Conqueror" hat, but instead I'm stuck in my "Val the Vicious =( " hat. I was impatient at work, became a tad cranky and am in dire need of a long bike ride and comfort food (both of which will be following this post!!) 

I heard a song on the way to work with the lyric "good things come to those who wait" and I think I need to remember that tonight. If I have a good cry in the car on the way home calm down and breathe for a minute  this week will just zip by. Before I know it, it will be Tuesday evening and I will be sitting in this spot again, but this time I will have the comfort of knowing I have the day off tomorrow. I ain't answerin' to no one but Bodie, Scott and John ... and maybe my Mom!

Comments

  1. You have to plant an annual "annually"....enjoy your day off! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Your Work Survival Kit: 10 Must-Haves

Yoga with Valerie Joy!

Community Education: 2020 & Beyond