I will forget-me-not!


Few things bring me more joy then receiving packages in the mail. What I received today was no exception. Quite frankly, nestled within the folds of a recycled paper envelope, was one of the most heartfelt, moving gifts I've ever received. My dear friend L., who recently moved to New Zealand, mailed a locket, adorned with a forget-me-not.


Forget-me-nots have a very special meaning to L. and I. Both of our brothers commit suicide. Although we no longer have our brothers in our lives, we have each other. Something that we both recognize and appreciate greatly. Our friendship has grown so intensely over the last year that we are beginning to feel like sisters. We wear our lockets not only to remember the love of our brothers, but to draw strength from each other. L. ... if you are reading this, I love you! Thank you for being a part of my life. And thank you for reminding me to give in every once and a while.


Which leads me to the image above; my afternoon snack. I gave in and indulged this afternoon! I am a dark chocolate addict and have not had any in quite some time. As L. recommended I do something for me this afternoon, I picked up a bar of dark chocolate at the grocery store. 

I went back home, settled on the couch, broke off a square of the salted chocolate, and took a bite. I let the rich, smooth chocolate melt on my tounge, leading me into a cocoa induced trance. As I nibbled on the remaining chocolate, I could feel a little bit of my worries drift away and a smile creep across my face. 

Between the yoga, the chocolate, and making a homemade bath scrub, recipe below, (not to mention, putting in several hours of work at the home office), I was darn near happy! By the time dinner rolled around, I was on cloud nine. I got compliments on an experimental recipe and had two picky eaters completely empty their bowls. (Now, if only I could get this head ache to go away. Oh wait, I have an idea. Look away from the computer ... )

So, thanks, L., for making my day! Your package was exactly what I needed. Thanks for being you!
Now, good night all! Time to close down the computer and give two operating systems a much needed rest. Until next time.

  

Val's Vanilla Bath Scrub
1 1/2 cups coarse salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients in bowl with wooden spoon. Mixture shouldn't be too oily, so adjust salt/sugar if needed. (Use more sugar for sensative skin.) Store in a mason jar. Use in the shower/bath by gently scrubbing all over body, exfoliating skin while moisturizing. Or, dissolve under running water while filling bath for a moisturizing, scented bath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Work Survival Kit: 10 Must-Haves

Junk Mail

Community Education: 2020 & Beyond