A moment of clarity



Earlier on this dull and dreary Thursday, I was lucky enough to sneak in a hot shower while Bodie was sleepily watching cartoons. As I stood there under the water, snarled red hair clinging to my shoulders, I was reminded of the title of my friends blog, and the idea of finding 'clarity in the chaos'. That's exactly what I've been doing lately; trying to make sense of this crazy thing we call life.  I've found it to be extremely empowering and cathartic to share my story, so here's a little more ...

 ... The day before Valentine's, I ended my position at the inn and started my transformation. For months, if not years now, I've been suffering from depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Since I'm not one to sit on my laurels and let the world take me for a ride, I decide to take bake the control of the reigns of my life. I began talk therapy with a great counselor, returned to my Survivors of Suicide support group, started meditating and most profound of all, rekindled my yoga practice.

To say the last two months have been transformative would be an understatement. I feel like a different person from my head to my toes. My renewed relationship with yoga, and it's ability to reconnect my body and mind, has been simply amazing. I am inspired on a daily basis to let my true self shine out. I'm loving life, loving living, and best of all, loving simply being me.

Here's to finding what makes you happy,
what allows you a moment of zen,
what allows you to simply be
you.

With love and peace,
Valerie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Work Survival Kit: 10 Must-Haves

Community Education: 2020 & Beyond

Yoga with Valerie Joy!