Certification Addiction

As I mentioned in my last post, part of my spring cleaning involved logo revisions and website updates. One of the main reasons for these adjustments was to fine tune my internet presence and provide a more consistent image/brand across all apps and platforms. I am ready to take Valerie's Workshop to the next level!

There's that old saying that you should make a career out of what you do procrastinating. Well, I wish I would have done that when I was in college twelve years ago. Back then I was working in a student run graphic design office. Facebook had just launched and I was sucked in like a moth to light. Each time my mouse wandered, I'd end up on Facebook. Flash forward to 2014, after years of frustration in freelance graphic design, I am offered a social media management position at a local outdoor retailer. Within days, I sign up for HootSuite, begin linking accounts and create several highly successful social media campaigns.

Well, we're now several months deep into 2015, and I have realized how much I love this new job. I'm just getting started, though, as a social media manager, and know I need to broaden my knowledge and skill set if I want to make a career out of this.

Here in lies my certification addiction. Today I enrolled in an online certificate program entitled Advanced Social Media Strategy through Newhouse and HootSuite. This is my ... sigh ... third certificate since receiving my bachelors degree. I was offered a huge discount, delayed payment and exceptional customer service, so I could hardly resist enrolling. Within no time at all, I will be a HootSuite certified social media advocate, and hopefully kickstarting (hint hint) the next chapter of my career.

Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Work Survival Kit: 10 Must-Haves

Junk Mail

Community Education: 2020 & Beyond